Banking e-Petition

ntb

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please consider signing this petition, particularly if you are hacked off at how bankers have been shafting this country. 100,000 sigs forces a debate in the commons. Thanks.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/35421

We the undersigned call for an independent, judicial public enquiry into fraud, wrongdoing and ethics of British banks, their management and their staff, and the role of the British Bankers Association. The terms of reference of this inquiry should also include the manipulation of interest rates on about £225 trillion of assets. The inquiry must have full powers to compel witnesses to appear on oath, and to obtain all forms of evidence.

Sponsored Links
Waste of time.

What they did legally carries no penalty, (and laws cannot and should not be retroactively applied).

What they did was wrong, but is only a symptom of our crony capitalist system anyway (by crony capitalism I mean corrupted by government interference and money).

Gordon Brown set up the FSA then told them to regulate with a 'light touch'.

GB should be in the dock.

There are a lot of culpable people, this mess has been forty years in the making and its not going to get better any time soon.

As to the legality, misrepresenting your borrowing costs allows you to borrow more cheaply (amongst other things) and amounts to obtaining money by deception which definitely amounts to a crime.

Sponsored Links
That's Capitalism. You aren't starving are you?

Starving? Far from it. Capitalism is fine - but that's not what we have is it? We have fraud, deception, ponzi schemes and bailouts for the boys aka crony capitalism. Or did I miss the bit where failed businesses go bust rather than get bailed out.

But Gordie told them to back off.

Waste of time.

What they did legally carries no penalty, (and laws cannot and should not be retroactively applied).

What they did was wrong, but is only a symptom of our crony capitalist system anyway (by crony capitalism I mean corrupted by government interference and money).

Always with the negative vibes man, what have we to loose by signing this petition, i did it in less than 5mins, i am a complete techno phoebe according to my son, so most of you could probably do it in a minuet or so.

So unless you have something better in mind lets try and stuff the vankers down this route.

The banks rule big business - who own the government. You don't think the ordinary people matter do you? How quaint. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Joe have you a better idea, as i said, it'll take you less than 5mins, lets just try it and see what happens.

Thanks to those that have signed. I understand the reticence but there are really only three options that I can think of:

1. Accept things as they are (I no longer do).
2. Shout and make ourselves heard (this petition is part of that, voting for someone other than Lib/Lab/Con would be another)
3. Unpleasantness (I don't want this and we shouldn't have to end up here in a democracy)

Sponsored Links
Back