Banking e-Petition

Well, if that's the case, DC, you can take it from me that we are all hacked off by the behaviour of bankers and politicians. You might care to consider who funds what you do. The vast majority of citizens expect, demand, and should get decency and probity from you characters.

Nobody needs the sorts of unearned 'bonuses' that have been flowing. 'Guaranteed bonus' is not a bonus at all, it has become a right to some, who have brought about the collapse of once-great companies whilst they line their own pockets [and evade tax]. Think GEC, Rover, Wedgwood.

Please see to it. Spare a thought for those who have to live on what they earn.

Sponsored Links
TBH i dont think politicians or rich business men give a toss about the poorer classes, they see us as gun fodder and the slightly better off as a barrier between themselves and the have nots, they move their factories overseas which not only creates unemployment here but has a diverse affect on the planets natural habitat. I was watching Simon Reeves Indian Ocean the other night, a problem we now have is the number of affluent people in China, there has been a dramatic increase in the amount of shark fin soup now being consumed, these fish are caught, their fins cut off and are then chucked back in to die, keeping it simple, sharks eat seals, seals eat fish, so fewer sharks = more seals = less fish for humans, your local fish n chips will be getting more exspensive, and you thought it didn't effect you.

So when some "fat cat" breaks the law lets all do as much as possible to get them behind bars.

But Gordie told them to back off.

100% correct, he was warned numerous times. Him & Blair are a couple of fannies. Never ever vote Labour, historically they always damage this country.

Well, if that's the case, DC, you can take it from me that we are all hacked off by the behaviour of bankers and politicians. You might care to consider who funds what you do. The vast majority of citizens expect, demand, and should get decency and probity from you characters.

Nobody needs the sorts of unearned 'bonuses' that have been flowing. 'Guaranteed bonus' is not a bonus at all, it has become a right to some, who have brought about the collapse of once-great companies whilst they line their own pockets [and evade tax]. Think GEC, Rover, Wedgwood.

Please see to it. Spare a thought for those who have to live on what they earn.

Get real mate, if you let the Bankers regulate themselves, of course they'll pay themselves huge amounts....That's called human nature.
The Labour Government never regulated them correctly & we are going to pay the price for that, for a long, long time. It's not the Bankers that should be investigated but the Labour party!!

Sponsored Links
if you let the Bankers regulate themselves, of course they'll pay themselves huge amounts

If the banks couldnt rely on state bailouts, I doubt shareholders would be so willing to let that happen.

With or without regulation, bank collapses are going to happen occasionally.

If governments were not so laissez faire about bailing out depositors (that means you), maybe people wouldn't stick their money in any ole bank without knowing a thing about it.

It's not the Bankers that should be investigated but the Labour party!!

Labour/conservative/lib dem, they are all the same with the banks, they all believe that THEY know how to properly regulate them.

None of them have a ****ing clue, if they knew banking, they would be bankers themselves!

Hi DeltaT2,

If you read what I wrote, you will see that I was including politicians as well as bankers in my remarks.

I was not suggesting that bankers regulate themselves, far from it. They all need proper regulation. Let them take the consequences of their actions. Let them do their jobs without the support of the taxpayer. Stop paying bonuses for failure. Tax them properly. If they think they can earn better elsewhere, good, they can go.

Back