Bar Mixer Shower leaking!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am having an issue with a leak with my bar mixer shower. The leak seems to be coming from the the area where the bar fitting attaches to the bar bracket and trim plates. The leak is coming from the cold water tap.
I have no experience of taking a mixer shower off the wall and so are unsure how to do this or what to expect.

I would appreciate it if someone could provide me with details on how to check this and what could be causing it to leak.

I have uploaded an image to show where the leak is coming from.

Many Thanks :)

Sponsored Links
Try tightening that nut up a bit, clockwise direction as you look at it

I know this is an old thread, but I am suffering the same problem. I've tightened the nut, however after a few months the problem comes back. It's like the nut is slowly coming unscrewed. Is there an easy way to fix this?

Sponsored Links
Yup, a single wrap of PTFE, some thread lock thread, thread lock liquid or other thread locking techniques are available ( just to please everyone :) )

You will need to isolate the shower first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back