Barcelona System Boiler lights - shuts down, lights - shuts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have searched the forum for information but do not find anything helpful.

I have a 10 year old Barcelona system boiler installed on a system with underfloor heating, radiators and DHW cylinder. There is no heat store, there is a primary circuit from which fluid is drawn for radiators UFH and cylinder.

There is a Tekmar 3635 controller running the system so the boiler gets a run signal from this only. The Tekmar runs the boiler pump. The pump starts before the boiler lights and runs on until there is no heat demand to the Tekmar from room stats or cylinder. So the pump runs on after the boiler shuts itself down.

All has been fine til recently. System still filled with inhibited fluid which is clear. Radiators do not bleed gas.

The expansion tank failed about a month ago and was replaced. A week later the control PCB failed (cooked components)

A new control PCB (5115164) with wiring harnes and for good measure new ignition board (241838) were fitted.

When boiler was switched on, it lit up, ran for 15 sec and shut down. Lit up in 5 sec, ran for 10 - 12 sec, shut down. NO RED LOCK-OUT

Since then we have replaced both Flow Temperature (red) and Safety Thermistors and the burner electodes.

It still lights/shuts down, lights/shuts down continuously. Water out hardly has time to warm up.

Shorting across the flow switch connections makes no difference. The breather pipe from the gas valve is clear. The burner box seal is good.

My boiler man is flummoxed and he thinks Baxi's are wonderful :eek:

Any idea's? Possibly low gas pressure due to faulty pressure govenor in the gas meter?

Now awaiting BG but not hopeful :rolleyes:

Advices welcomed. Thanks. Jerry

Sponsored Links
Well for anyone wants to know, we eventually sorted the problem after the BG guy had been here for a couple of hours.

We put the old ignition board (only replaced 'cos it had come free - I wonder why?) back in.

Bingo, it runs. Must have had a problem of some kind.

Cheerio.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back