Bare Plasterboard Bathroom Ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
Planning out my bathroom redecoration and this is going to involve a new ceiling in the bathroom. I plan to use tapered plasterboard and then fill the taper & sand etc (I have done this before and know what i am doing here).
In the past i have used a couple of coats of watered-down emulsion on the finished plasterboard and then put on a quite a few full coats of emulsion but i realize that doing this in a bathroom may not be the best method because of the humidity etc.
So, the question is, how to I paint the ceiling in a bathroom, what should i be using?
L

Sponsored Links
Ideally you need bathroom paint.

If you look at the back of the tin, it's will most likely say that you should apply three coats; one slightly watered down bathroom paint as a sealer, once that dries, two cats of undisputed bathroom paint for maximum protection against the condensation.

One top coat will do, depending on the quality.

Sponsored Links
Johnstone's bathroom kitchen paint.

It's got good consistency, but not as good as Dulux.

Depends on your budget; I'd recommend looking at your local diy trade desk, and having a chinwag with the person behind the counter; they'll give you a good brand without the high price.

I would recommend The Range, as they've always beaten prices when it comes to paint.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back