Bark chippings

Tjs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Is there any thing you could use on bark chippings to stop cats pooping on? I'm looking to do a little play area which consists of a trampoline and a swing, I've looked at bark chips and lots have said this occurs, I have also looked at rubber chips but is ten times more expensive. Just would like to hear others experience or ideas at what could be done.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
cats like to poo in an area of soft soil, sand or something loose like bark chippings. flat rubber flooring might be your only option..

or chain a pit ball to a post-but thats probably not a good idea for a kids play area.

The other option that sometimes works is to make an area (out of the way) even more attractive for crapping than bark chippings e.g. soft sand so that they use that in pereference.

Sponsored Links
Try peppercorns. \Just mix them in with the chips and the smell puts them off. they slowly breakdown so will need a top up now and then but that might be expensive if theres a lot to cover. Ground pepper works as well but you'll look a proper nanner seasoning the garden

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back