Barmy Labour expect us to plant 200 trees a minute!

Sponsored Links
There is no such thing as 'no deal' therefore it is not a bargaining tool.

The EU knows this. They are not as stupid.

let's suppose for a moment that you are correct, and technically, no deal whatsoever doesn't actually exist because there is always a requirement for treaties of some sort even if trade reverts to wto, but your argument is simply one of semantics.

No deal simply becomes a deal that nobody wants and nobody benefits from, we lose, the eu loses (and more than you care to admit). That's a bargaining tool.

Sponsored Links
No deal simply becomes a deal that nobody wants and nobody benefits from, we lose, the eu loses (and more than you care to admit). That's a bargaining tool.
A 'bargaining tool' for what exactly?

A 'bargaining tool' for what exactly?

Whatever the two sides are attempting to negotiate I would imagine. Unlike the entire LWW contingency on this DIY forum, I'm not in the negotiation team and therefore not privy to the minutae. Perhaps you could tell us?

Perhaps you could tell us?
Of course I can...

There is no 'deal' that is better or even close to the one we already have...

Simples :)

Unless of course in your wisdom you could envisage a deal that would be better than the one we already have?

Perhaps you could tell us?
Of course we remainers can't tell you.

The leavers themselves don't know what they want. They just keep spouting meaningless platitudes.

How can:
The UK leave with no deal, or
Cornwall leave the UK with no deal, or
You leave the Golf Club with no deal
other than metaphorically pulling up the drawbridge and having no further contact with them?

Some idiots will say that is what they want but they are just idiots.

Whatever the two sides are attempting to negotiate I would imagine. Unlike the entire LWW contingency on this DIY forum, I'm not in the negotiation team and therefore not privy to the minutae. Perhaps you could tell us?

You know what the options are for brexit, nothing is unknown.

So why cant Ryler or you tell us exactly what it is you think the UK ideally wants from a brexit deal?

treacherous remoaners refuse to accept democracy.
Deflection and blame game

State exactly what you brexit deal the UK could have achieved if no deal had stayed on the table.

You wont because no better deal exists......apart from the existing one.

Really?
This ended up in the Supreme Court precisely because Article 50 did serve final notice that we’d be leaving by 29 March 2019 at the latest. Once that letter was sent, “no deal” became the default position.

Of course I can...

There is no 'deal' that is better or even close to the one we already have...
Simples :)
Unless of course in your wisdom you could envisage a deal that would be better than the one we already have?

In terms of trade solely with the eu, no, I'm sure there isn't a 'deal' that's better than the one we have, they will be 'different' to the one we currently have.
An FTA is inevitable because the EU punishing their own manuacturers is unthinkable, no matter how spiteful they are. Take the German car manufacturers, the UK is their most important market, smaller than the US market, but more profitable. (why is that, bearing in mind America isn't a member of the eu).
What will be better is we will no longer be in the EU and no longer have to abide by MOST of their rules, I'm conceding not all because I'm well aware concessions will be made during negotiations.
What will be better is we will be free to strike up our own trade agreements with other countries and help other countries in a meaningful way, agri products from Africa for example. what tariffs do the eu place on food imports from Africa, I can't remember the last time I bought a bottle of French wine, New World wines are superior cheaper. The whole world is slowly gearing toward free trade anyway which was the original purpose and intent of the WTO, as long as rogue states such as China can be reigned in (intellectual property and dumping excess product)
What will be better is not having to submit a quarterly report to our EU masters telling them the extent of our overdraft and yielding to their advice on matters such as austerity (Although as we all know they've recently performed a handbrake turn on that one)
What will be better is that companies like Sheilas Wheels offering cheaper car insurance to female drivers because they statistically have less accidents than men will make a return because we're no longer tied to equality laws. (speaking of eu equality laws, why do you think the tory party are s******g their pants over the waspis pension court case).
What will be better is having more control over levels and application of VAT.

No deal or a punitive deal would be damaging for both the eu and the uk, for Southern Ireland the impact would be enough to collapse their economy, what's not exported to the uk transits via the uk, they are 100% dependant on the UK for energy.

There will be a deal, and it wont be a bad one.

Of course we remainers can't tell you.

The leavers themselves don't know what they want. They just keep spouting meaningless platitudes.

How can:
The UK leave with no deal, or
Cornwall leave the UK with no deal, or
You leave the Golf Club with no deal
other than metaphorically pulling up the drawbridge and having no further contact with them?

Some idiots will say that is what they want but they are just idiots.

Golf club? if that's the best analogy you can come up with I would suggest you're the fking idiot.

Golf club? if that's the best analogy you can come up with I would suggest you're the fking idiot.

I did mention two other things.

Do you think Cornwall could/would/should leave the UK without making any arrangements as to what would happen the day after?

Do you think Cornwall could/would/should leave the UK without making any arrangements as to what would happen the day after?

Couldn't, wouldn't and shouldn't, that's not to say there are a few fking idiots in this part of the world who disagree, as there are a few fking idiots who would use it as an analogy to the UK leaving the EU without a deal. Cornwall aint a nation state, it's a county in England.

Take the German car manufacturers, the UK is their most important market, smaller than the US market, but more profitable

It isnt.
UK is the 3rd biggest German export market, behind US and China.
And the rest of the EU is worth 4x value of UK market.
UK only accounts for 10% of production volumes.
By contrast the UK ships 54% of its cars to Europe.

The German car industry is not a valid argument as a lever in brexit negotiations

we will no longer be in the EU and no longer have to abide by MOST of their rules
Yes we will.

UK exports 45% of goods to EU.
What regulations do you think will apply?

Key industries like aeronautical, chemical, pharmaceutical etc would be impossibly complicated to have regulatory divergence.

What will be better is we will be free to strike up our own trade agreements
The whole world is slowly gearing toward free trade anyway which was the original purpose and intent of the WTO
EU does too
As part of the EU, 70% of all exports are tariff free, the rest an average of 3.5%.

BTW the EU is a regulatory superstate, it has done more than any other trade bloc in the world to remove trade barriers.

Look up the costs of NTB -they cause far higher barriers to trade than tariffs. It is something brexiteers dont appreciate: regulatory divergence is the biggest hindrance to trade.

What will be better is we will no longer be in the EU and no longer have to abide by MOST of their rules
The cost of divergence and then aligning with other rules will far outstrip any perceived cost benefits.

What will be better is having more control over levels and application of VAT
We already do.

The UK has control of 98% of its finances.

what tariffs do the eu place on food imports from Africa
Quite a bit of trade is possible tariff free under EBA (everything but arms).

What will be better is we will be free to strike up our own trade agreements with other countries
Trade experts disagree -they say the UK will get much worse deals than existing EU trade deals.
UK will have minimal influence -dont believe me, look at other similar sized economies, see what deals they get.

Sponsored Links
Back