Basic three phase questions.

Sponsored Links
I don't know how they arrive at 'ratings' for busbars but, in terms of CSA, I doubt that (m)any could not cope with 80A.

Kind Regards, John
I'm totally convinced you are correct, however would it be fair to the customer to install something technically under rated.
It would be like running a 13A rated accessory at 16A

Out of interest how did you attatch the wires to the incomer? did you just put a wire in the same terminal as the busbar aseembly? did you use a lug of some sort?

Sponsored Links
I'm totally convinced you are correct, however would it be fair to the customer to install something technically under rated.
No. However, that issue probably wouldn't arise if the manufacturer's 'ratings' represented 'the truth', rather than being a conservative/'backside-protecting figure!
It would be like running a 13A rated accessory at 16A
It would, although I'm not sure what sort of 13A-rated' accessories you had in mind. The main ones I can think of are BS1363 plugs/sockets and FCUs, and if you were 'running' those at 16A you'd be 'overloading' a 13A fuse as well as the accessory.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back