Basin/Bath Blockage Conundrum

Sponsored Links
Well both answers very greatly appreciated creative or not and Dilalio whilst it’s a bit technical, that’s a brilliant explanation and actually makes sense to me. I have always preferred knowing “why”. I actually enjoyed Physics but girls weren’t really encouraged to do it when I was at school.

So yes, there’s definitely a pipe poking out of my roof in line with the soil/waste pipes. Presumably the SVP.

Anyway after all that, I’ll fit an AS Trap after Christmas and just redesign the drawer around it as I can’t find an AS Trap small enough.

Was that a yes to the non return valve too?

Madrab: I’ve just had a good look at the bathroom waste pipe and I think it’s as you say, the fall isn’t enough. In fact I’d say the fall is slightly in the opposite direction if anything!
So would totally explain why the water flows back to the bath first.

There’s not much can change that currently but I can employ these other measures.

As said. Very very appreciative of both your help.

Was that a yes to the non return valve too?
If the issue is with venting the run then a non return valve can compound that (just like the AAV on the stack), that and they need access for servicing. It also won't stop the traps being pulled by the vaccum but it can reduce reverse flow. Non return valves in that type of situation would be more a 'try it and see' but it only masks the problem rather than corrects it.

Given then are compression then they can be incorporated and removed relatively easily.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back