Basin isolating valves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Would like to fit flexible pipes with isolating valves to h & c tap feeds behind basin. Both existing pipes are about 5mm from tiled wall, is there an easier way than removing tiles and cutting a temporary recess to get at them.

Sponsored Links
Sorry, not into pix. The present 50mm pipes come out of floor of cloak-room very close (5mm) to tiled wall, they end in swan-neck (?) fittings with a connector on each pipe to attach to basin taps. I want to cut and remove pipes just below the basin bottom and substitute for flexible pipes with built in isolating valves at one end and tap connectors at the other.

Is it to cut through the pipes? Are they all soldered fittings with 2 pulled offsets? Top centre in the pic?

5424871_f260.jpg

Hacksaw blade/dremel cutting blade, if you have a pipe slice and a little play in the pipe you may be able to disconnect from the taps and move the copper out far enough to get a slice round it.

Sponsored Links
Yes, they are top centre with tap cons. I guessed this might be the only way but am not happy straining fitting under boards I can't see

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back