basin unit cannot screw in straight

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone,
Just a diy query - trying to fix a pedestral unit to the wall,i have marked,drilled,plugged the hole ok-but when i come to put the screw into it,underneath the basin-the curve of the basin prevents the screw from going in straight -so it missed the hole and go's into the wall above at a 45 degree angle etc.
Can you get a wall plug which has a nut/bolt thread so i can carefully turn a bolt by its body,feeling it go into the steel ? thread ok
once fully in,i can tighten ok.
Or/Otherwise a bolt that comes in little pieces that you can lock,twist into each other to make up the full length.
the only other way i can think of to get a perfect tight/flush fit is to put the screw fully throught the hole under the basin and move the basin to the wall as i tighten-but will require several helpers/crane-but then how do you attach the pipes ?
thanks
Bob

Sponsored Links
Only recently the continental basins have decent straight holes ...........Fisher Fixings make a kit for them......the angled ones they`ve been like that for years :LOL: Used to be covered with brown gummed tape too "for protection" had to spend hours soaking it off as an apprentice while doing sitework :rolleyes: you just have to drill a hole @ the same angle into the wall ;)

Then just as you do the screw up the little bit of ceramic snaps off. Unless there are big holes you can put
these
through it usually ends up that silicone is what's actually holding the basin to the wall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back