Basket case

E

EdwardCurrent

Hello All,
Could somebody please tell me if I will be able to find the max span for supporting basket in the big red book (I can't so far :cry: ), or is there no definative answer because of so many different ways of supporting it , (trapeze, wall etc and the fact that other services may use the same bracket etc) ???.

If the distances are given would tray, trunking and baskets all be of the same value, if the csa's were the same ??????

I note table 4D of the OSG, but was really interested in the minimum span for a trapeze type bracket supporting a six inch basket ?

Thanks for any pointers.

Ed.

Sponsored Links
Would it not depend entirely on how strong the basket was, and what you run in it?

i.e. there couldn't really be any tables, it would be down to the manufacturer to specify that this product, carrying x kg/m, would need supporting every y mm?

It's upto the manufacturers.

I'm sure they all use varying quality of materials and gauge of wire.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back