bath and shower tap plumbing question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'd like to install the following pictured items to my bath. Fixed shower, retactable shower head and taps. My question is whether they can be plumbed in together easily enough. Will i require anything other that what is normally supplied with these items?

thanks for your help

9d2a_1.JPG.jpg

32556168_tp.jpg

df_1_b.JPG.jpg

Sponsored Links
Please indicate, on the following scale, the seriousness of your question, given that you've supplied almost no information whatsoever:

0 ..... ..... ..... ..... 5 ..... ..... ..... ..... 10

serious .................. not sure .................. utter wind up

:LOL: you`re on a roll @ present Softus ;) ........you will need a lot of ingenuity/ experience with plumbing to install those Poxi things :rolleyes: they come with less than sweet FA in the way of fittings..allegedly :cry:

Softus said:
Please indicate, on the following scale, the seriousness of your question, given that you've supplied almost no information whatsoever:

serious .................. not sure .................. utter wind up

On the following scale, please rate the usefulness of your answer

utter useless .................. not sure .................. a problem-solving revalation

Ok, all jokes aside! Apologies for not posting more information. I wasn't sure what info people would need.

At the moment the current set up is a normal old scummy bath with hold and cold tap. I am putting a new bath in and would like the tap to come out of the wall, I think this is the reasonable easy bit, recess old cold and hot pipes and attach to new mixer tap.

What I am unsure how to fit is the fixed shower head and the hand held shower head (I would like to fit this to the side of the bath, for hair rinsing and cleaning the bath). I have no more information regarding what parts come with the items unfortunately.

I guess what I need to know is how will you direct the flow from the taps to the fixed shower, or the handheld. Or how will you control the temperature of the handheld shower?

If this is not enough info, please ask what you need to know. Fully appreciate any help given.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
chrisz said:
On the following scale, please rate the usefulness of your answer

utter useless .................. not sure .................. a problem-solving revalation

Apologies for not posting more information.
Apology accepted.

What I am unsure how to fit is the fixed shower head and the hand held shower head (I would like to fit this to the side of the bath, for hair rinsing and cleaning the bath).
To the side of the bath?! :eek:

This would be most irregular - are you sure?

I guess what I need to know is how will you direct the flow from the taps to the fixed shower, or the handheld.
You'd need a set of taps that incorporates a diverter valve, or else a separate diverter valve.

Or how will you control the temperature of the handheld shower?
If the taps aren't thermostatic, then you'd have to twiddle them to balance the hot and cold water.

Sorry, 'side' was probably the wrong terminololgy. I mean the top, on the edge.

Ok, are diverter valves easy enough to find? I might try and find a set of bath taps that incorporate the valve.

Would I need two valves, one to divert to the fixed shower and one to the handheld shower?

chrisz said:
Sorry, 'side' was probably the wrong terminololgy. I mean the top, on the edge.
Ah, I get it now - sorry to have been rather dense on that one. :oops:

Ok, are diverter valves easy enough to find?
S'funny, but I've never been asked that before, so I've never tried.

I might try and find a set of bath taps that incorporate the valve.
I know for a fact that these are easy to come by.

Would I need two valves, one to divert to the fixed shower and one to the handheld shower?
Er, um, yes.

Another, and possibly better, option is to have a thermostatic shower valve supplying the overhead shower, which then gives you 'proper' temperature control, and a bath tap/diverter that feeds the hand-held thingy.

think i may have found a better solution.

I was thinking about the fixed shower, and I don't think it does need a diverting valve... as long as it has a hot and cold feed, I think it'll operate like a mixer tap, ie, 'pull up' the controller to turn it on and 'twist' for temperature. Not as a good as a thermostatic valve, but mighty cheaper I suspect, and i'm a pauper on a budget!

Then for the handheld, get a set like this one:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....K:MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=6053076568&rd=1&rd=1

Although I can't see a valve with this one, as it is a set, you'd like to think that it works, properly. Obviously I will ask first!

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
chrisz said:
I was thinking about the fixed shower, and I don't think it does need a diverting valve... as long as it has a hot and cold feed, I think it'll operate like a mixer tap, ie, 'pull up' the controller to turn it on and 'twist' for temperature.
I agree - that will be adequate.

Then for the handheld, get a set like this one: Although I can't see a valve wi...ut it's not obvious from the picture/drawing.

Softus said:
It must have a diverter valve in there somewhere, but it's not obvious from the picture/drawing.

yeah, i've asked. See what they say.

thanks for your advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back