plumbing in a bath filler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a freeflow bath filler to fit and not sure when I plumb it in whether I can use the shower controls as it comes off a twin impeller pump.Or just buy seperate taps and plumb in off the normal hot and cold pipes.
I'm sorry if this seems a bit of a basic question I'm a bit short of tech speak as pretty new to this
Thanks (hopefully)

Sponsored Links
You're right...you are a bit short of tech speak :LOL:

Maybe some pictures would make things clearer?

As @muggles said... I also want to help but have no idea what you are actually asking! Try expanding in more detail or send up some photos/sketches. :)

Bath filler, imagine one waterfall tap as we see on basins. At least that is it in my mind and google.
Now comes the tricky bit, to pump it or not?

Sponsored Links
Ok,right bear with me, it is a bath filler that looks like the overflow of a bath that you turn to get the plug to go up and down. It has a single inlet and a slot at front where the water comes out.
I believe as I also fitting a shower from a Stuart Turner twin impeller pump I would have to use a concealed valve for the shower with a diverter so you could turn it to either shower or bath filler, I have only ever fitted a bar shower from the pump before and don't want to make any costly mistakes.
I'm also able to bail on the whole idea and have a seperate bar shower and branch off hot and cold pipes from tanks for normal bath taps. and sell the freeflow thing to someone else!
I am fairly competent at plumbing, nothing has ever leaked yet anyway! and as I only have a very limited budget and managed to fit my last bathroom myself, I thought with a little help I would give it a go, and in case you were wondering, whoever is reading this, I am a woman which is why I'm rambling on !
Thanks Ali

Ok,right bear with me, it is a bath filler that looks like the overflow of a bath that you turn to get the plug to go up and down. It has a single inlet and a slot at front where the water comes out.
I believe as I also fitting a shower from a Stuart Turner twin impeller pump I would have to use a concealed valve for the shower with a diverter so you could turn it to either shower or bath filler, I have only ever fitted a bar shower from the pump before and don't want to make any costly mistakes.
I'm also able to bail on the whole idea and have a seperate bar shower and branch off hot and cold pipes from tanks for normal bath taps. and sell the freeflow thing to someone else!
I am fairly competent at plumbing, nothing has ever leaked yet anyway! and as I only have a very limited budget and managed to fit my last bathroom myself, I thought with a little help I would give it a go, and in case you were wondering, whoever is reading this, I am a woman which is why I'm rambling on !
Thanks Ali
Don`t have to be a woman to ramble on Ali, some customers use a thousand words when ten would do! o_O
I`ll see if I can find a link to put up to help the guys understand, do you know who makes it?

Hi, Don't seem to have a link but the item is from heat and plumb. It's by Ultra and is a slimline freeflow bath filler cost about £46

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back