Bath bubbling with water when the toilet is flushed

rmk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I wonder if anyone can help?

Currently, whenever we flush our toilet there is a very loud gurgling noise from the plug hole from the bath and sometimes water even jumps out of the plug hole. We can't work out whether there is a blockage, or whether it is something to do with air being trapped in the pipes.

If the toliet is flushed whilst water is being let out of the bath, the water in the toilet swells quite a lot and once settled huge air bubbles bubble up in the toilet! Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Dont know whether this will help you but I had a similiar problem with bath filling up when sink was emptied, water would run back up plug hole.
I my case when the bathroom was originally fitted (council house) the pipe for the bath drain did run at a deep enough angle to the downpipe so when the sink was emptied the water ran back up the bath pipes aswell as down the drain.

How is your bath waste plumbed.?
Ideally it should be one single pipe connecting from bath trap to soil stack or hopper.
Have a look and post back. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back