Bath dilemer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi peeps I have purchased a p shape bath off eBay and was fishing when it the person brought it. I get home and the guys aproxamate measurement was 60mm out at the widest point. The side wall were the bath is going is dot and dabbed plasterboard, my question is could I chase the bath into the wall to give me that bit more space that I need. The rim is quite large so probably will still have enuf room to batten also.

Also the taps and waste are goin to the opposite wall any advise on fittings ie push, soldiering? And both hot and cold are different size pipe.

Thank nath

Sponsored Links
Ok to chase the bath into the wall. Apply silicon sealant along the join between bath and wall before tiling and then again after tiling.

The plumbing side of it depends on what you feel comfortable with. If you have a bath filler, you could use flexi connectors 15mm x 3/4" for the cold and 22mm x 3/4" for the hot (would not recommend for individual taps though as they tend to spin round with use).

Thanks will do that maybe fill the bath half way before final seal.

Useing mixer taps and don't have a burner to solder so mite go down the flxi rout. Thanks nath

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back