Bath install difficulty - from Germany

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
An internet bath order from Germany(?):
The difficulty is the legs/frame for the bath panel. They are a nightmare to locate in place for the panel. When the panel is offered to them it leaves the top portion of the panel flapping. If i adjust the legs they are flapping!

The instructions are faded gobbledegookie "put leg in correct position"etc.
the diagram shows items not present. there's no brand name and in my limited experience i've never seen this kind of set-up before.

Do plumbers use a special kind of Mogadon to see them thro these times?

Sponsored Links
Send it back as not fit for purpose, and spend a bit more on buying a proper one.

Do plumbers use a special kind of Mogadon to see them thro these times?
No, I favour the modern SSRI - much better than the old Moggy liquid cosh :mrgreen: You either have Hitler`s Revenge or a Chinese bath imported via Germany . ;)

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your comments. the bath has gone, so too the mixer taps.
I supplied them from flexi - conns and 15mm cu ( alredy in-situ) mains and cylinder but the hot merely trickled water, even the mains was weak.

I wonder about these flexi conn's and speedfit fittings, given the inserts surely they instantly limit the supply compared to straightforward cu fittings and supplies?

The import taps were probably low pressure, apparently they use it in Germany, but i had no way of identifying them as such.

Any further comments?

flexi are restricting, and the ball-type isolating valves even more so.

If you have a tank-fed supply and cylinder, it should be run in 22mm all the way from tank to bathtaps. You can tee off in 15mm for the basin.

BTW a lot of stylish-looking continental taps are designed for high pressure and do not give much flow on UK plumbing.

I have found water pressures in Germany to be noticably higher than here, and always mains-fed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back