Bath is leaking from beneath plug hole please read body

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good Efvening,

So I found the source of my leak and I've replaced and resealed the the plug hole waste and the shallow s bend trap beneath my bath. However the current waste pipe is its pulling on S bend trap which in turn is pulling away from the connection to the bath which is causing it to leaks the nut won't quite do up.

Looks like the rest of the waste section could be be improved? Is there some sort of Flexi connector

Any help greatly appreciated.

View media item 93467View media item 93468

Sponsored Links
Flexi as in flexible connector or any other suggestions

Flexible connectors on waste are available but are also an awful bodge that will trap every bit of muck and block up very quickly. You need to re-do the section properly in rigid plastic.

Sponsored Links
The nut on the bath looks like its been cross-threaded.

It looks like a standard adjustable trap would fit under that bath. I'd be tempted to try it then no pipe rework.

Yes, a standard Mac alpine P trap will do the job much better ;)

You can just see the overflow pipe coming into the black fitting.

Good Morning,

The nut that looks it been crossed thread doesn't do up properly it clicks and won't lock - it hard to explain but basically the shallow trap doesn't quite line up it's being pulled slightly to the right which I presumed was why the nut wouldn't do up quite right but I suppose I could I have cross threaded.

The picture is quite deceptive there isn't a lot of space under the bath, I dont a standard one would fit although I Havn't checked..

The bath overflow loops back into the fitting that's actually on the bath.

I've inherited this pipe work I didn't put it in I know a little bit about plumbing and it just does look right - I think the rigid pipe work need doing properly. Byt thats where I am stuck as not sure how it should go...

Thanks
Ian

Installing a standard P trap on your arrangement should only need an extention piece on the pipe with the straight coupling on it, that way you will be able to sort the fall out and straighten the pipework out on the trap.

Thank You TeaTime.

I'll measure tonight but I don't think there is room and this is why a shallow trap was used.

Thanks

In which case, use the shallow p-trap and repipe down to the grey elbow.

You might want to support the pipework a bit to prevent that sagging effect too.

This is what I have on the bath at the moment - when I notice the bath was leak this is what I replaced first along with a new Shallow Trap.

The Arrow in the picture indicates the nut that isn't fitting properly \ won't lock \ is leaking

But I am sure it the waste pipe pulling it to the right that not helping..

Also after the Shallow trap ideally how should the waste pipe flow?

Should it run straight and then drop or have a slight incline?

Should I be aiming to get a straight line from the trap to the grey pipe with the compression fitting on it?

Thanks in advance

Ian

View media item 93485

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back