Flexible Waste and Chemical Un-Blocker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My bath has a flexible waste running from the plug and this connects to the regular external waste pipe. Its my understanding that a shallow waste trap should have been used but plumbers got their measurements wrong and then cut corners by using the flexible waste.

Subsequently, the bath has always been slow on draining. There isn't enough of a fall from the bath to the external waste pipes and now, it takes much longer to drain and I'm guessing this is a build up of hair and soap in the flexi-pipe.

Am I safe to use W5 to pour down the plug hole? I am worried that the chemical will simply melt the flexi pipe?

Sponsored Links

Attachments

• 20240228_110053.jpg
    20240228_110053.jpg
    396.3 KB · Views: 31
  • 20240228_110120.jpg
    20240228_110120.jpg
    376.7 KB · Views: 31
It's easy enough to remove that flexible waste pipe ,straighten it ,and clean out any partial blockage. Ideally get rid of it and have rigid pipework installed.

Sponsored Links
I am not a plumber, but I am sure a skilled person could fabricate a better solution in rigid pipe. Does the pipe go out through the wall nearby? Making the whole thing straight with fewer connections would reduce the risk of future problems and improve the flow.

Thanks John. I did as suggested and removed and cleaned the pipe and popped it back. It's fine now - plumbing is clearly poor workmanship but I can make do for now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back