Flexible bath waste?

Thanks - looks like I'll need to think again...
I know it's not what you want to hear @StephenStephen but honestly, i've had to cut sections of ceilings down and floors up to sort out flexi's and non supported waste runs that have just sagged under the floor and created unplanned traps and then they seriously clog up, never mind doing it deliberately.

Sponsored Links
I know it's not what you want to hear @StephenStephen but honestly, i've had to cut sections of ceilings down and floors up to sort out flexi's and non supported waste runs that have just sagged under the floor and created unplanned traps and then they seriously clog up, never mind doing it deliberately.
Thanks again - I'll go back to the very original plan, which is to drill a hole in the outer skin of the bath, and avoid double traps and saggy soapy runs...
If I get really concerned about the bath potentially splitting I could always reinforce with fibreglass, but that might be overthinking!

Last edited:
-So there's a clear explanation in post #4 as to why it's not possible to run the waste out through the wall to the external waste pipe
-The water pipes are not hidden under the floor or in wall because I foolishly hired a professional, who turned out to be out of his depth, to install the bathroom
-Yes, you're absolutely right that I can run the bath waste under the floor and back up to the black waste
-No explanation, clear or otherwise, in post #26 of what more information might be useful to provide

So, bickering to oneside, what additional information would be useful?
Is the toilet on external wall ?

Sponsored Links
Is the toilet on external wall ?
No it's not, it's a good 20m horizontally from the nearest drain, with the pipe boxed in vertically down to below the room below, and then running that 20 m under the floors below the rooms below...

Horrid things those baths. Good luck finding the leaks! These things need an experienced plumber for peace of mind.
It will need to be a flexi for future access. Whoever designed them should be shot. Survivors should be shot again.

Invariably I install them into an inspection hatch outside of the bath. The flexi goes down into the floor and along to a waterless trap, that connection is under an access panel in a spot that doesn't get any foot traffic, be it a tile or flooring

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back