extending a bath waste using long flexible pipe?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have connected together the Mcalpine long and short flexible pipes and joined them to the bath waste trap & waste pipe. This was the only solution i could find to connect the waste as there was a discrepancy with the distance and height between the waste trap & pipe.

Is this an acceptable solution or is this likely to cause me problems with drainage etc?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Time will tell :mrgreen:

I will leave the bath panel off for now i think :(

I have connected together the Mcalpine long and short flexible pipes and joined them to the bath waste trap & waste pipe. This was the only solution i could find to connect the waste as there was a discrepancy with the distance and height between the waste trap & pipe.

Is this an acceptable solution or is this likely to cause me problems with drainage etc?

Thanks

There is usually a way to hard pipe a waste run and if it does need a flexi to bring things inline then it's usually at the start or end of the run but should be avoided where possible. You need to be very careful of long flexi runs, by their very nature they are flexible and hot bath water and weight will tend to pull the pipe down, creating high points and potential areas for blockages.

Sponsored Links
There is usually a way to hard pipe a waste run and if it does need a flexi to bring things inline then it's usually at the start or end of the run but should be avoided where possible. You need to be very careful of long flexi runs, by their very nature they are flexible and hot bath water and weight will tend to pull the pipe down, creating high points and potential areas for blockages.

Thanks.

The pipe that comes up to the bath has a solvent bonded elbow on it. The waste trap was connected to the elbow by the compression nut. The trap & elbow are out of line so they were never creating a goodc seal hence a slight leak from the waste. Im happy to try another way to connect rather than the flexy pipe. What would i need to do?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back