Connecting bath waste on freestanding bath...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am fitting a freestanding bath and because it is freestanding I need a flexible pipe at some point so I can connect it all before lowering the bath down.

The bath I bought provided this waste pipe:
bath waste connector.jpg

Which screw nicely onto the bath waste, however what do I do with the other end?
It doesn't push inside a standard trap as it doesn't go far enough in to prevent water flowing back and me being confident it is going to stay there as a I lower the bath; and it is too flimsy and not the right size to make a compression joint with.

I have tried an alternative flexible fixing but the waste on the bath (which is like one of these http://www.screwfix.com/p/sprung-basin-waste-slotted/41691 ) but the inner diameter of the bath waste doesn't quite take a 32mm washer, the washer is too small.

How should I connect this?

Sponsored Links
the link is a basin waste you need a bath waste ,any chance of photo of bath ,ALL the pieces that you got for waste / overflow /trap .to enable us to advise you further. a lot of these European traps etc sold on internet are not comptable with standard UK waste plumbing . I have chucked a few away recently and substituted UK. stuff.

Ask the supplier,sometimes they bugger up the fitting packs and you get something incorrect.

Nice fancy baths,thou.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back