Bath mixer tap help [bathstore or hudson reed]

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
depending on your system bathstore ones will work on 0.1bar gravity.
hudson ones will work on gravity but advised on 0.5 bar or above.

Thank you hi-spec plumbing heating

Does than mean bathstore taps or more likley to work on more systems?

How do I work out what bar I have? As I prefer to get the hudson reed taps.

Sponsored Links
every metre is 0.1bar so 10 metres is 1 bar
if your a gravity system in a average house with your cws tank in loft. and the distance between that and your bath taps will give you 0.3 at the most. ;)

what have you got gravity system or a combi mains pressure system ?

I do have the cold water storage tank in the loft and the bathroom just below.If I have a max of 0.3 Bar will the hudson taps not work if they are 0.5 bar and above.
Many thanks.

I have just measured and I have about 2 meters from the bottom of my water tank to where the taps would be.

they will work but you could be waiting double the time to run a bath.
i have had customers insist on me fitting their fancy taps before and i have advised them on the problems you could have with filling a bath.
but they insist on it.
and it's a 50/50 chance you take, you could be lucky and they are not to bad or they go tits up and the flow is hopeless.
so your choice but you have been warned ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back