is my thermo shower valve working properly?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

i bought a 'Metro vertical thermostatic shower bath valve' from Bathstore

http://www.bathstore.com/_applicati...-thermostatic-shower-bath-valve-284.html?pg=0

I thought that thermo ones kept the water temp constant. But if someone else uses the sink taps or flushes the loo whilst im in the shower then the water runs very hot. i thought the whole reason for thermo was to avoid this? is it working as it should?

thanks

Sponsored Links
In theory you are correct, a thermostatic mixer should sense the temperature and automatically adjust the hot/cold flow to get the required temperature.

However, it will have limits. Obviously it can't provide more cold water than is available to it. There should be a specification with the mixer that gives minimum conditions with regard to flow and pressure. If these minimum conditions are being met, and it's still not performing then it sounds as if it is faulty.

Are the supplies "balanced" , ie from the same pressure?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back