Connecting bath deck mounted taps to filler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Advice please: what would be the best way to connect these taps and this filler?
  • The supply pipes are terminated in a iso valve with 22mm compression.
  • The taps in and out are 3/4 BSP.
  • The inlets to the filler is 1/2 BSP (which seems odd to me, possibly constricting the flow at the last moment - is this deliberate to give the impression of a nice forceful fill? :confused:)
I was thinking of flexi 3/4 to 1/2 for taps to filler, the run is about 1000mm. Would this be OK? I know that female to female 3/4 flexi hose from supply to taps would be frowned upon - what are the alternatives (apart from copper).

Any advice appreciated, thanks!

Sponsored Links
As you have 22mm plumbing, I suspect you have a gravity system.
What water pressure do you have available? The blurb recommends 0.5 Bar minimum for the filler.

Measure vertical distance from cold storage tank to your bath filler outlet in Metres, and divide by 10 for pressure in Bar.

On gravity systems, the water pressure available in a first floor bathroom is usually about 0.2 Bar.

I have bath with a similar setup in a ground floor bathroom, so about 0.5 Bar pressure, and the performance of the filler connected with 1/2" rigid pipe is adequate, but only just.

I prefer rigid pipework for gravity systems. Flexis usually have quite restricted bores. it is unlikely a 3/4" flexi has a bore even as large as a 15mm pipe.

A lot of brassware is designed with high pressure supplies in mind. It may take a lot of searching to find equivalent fittings suitable for gravity systems.

Useful, thanks. I'll check the pressure but your comments about the bore are right -- all flexi 3/4 hoses I've seen are 13mm ID

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back