Need a 3/4 female to 1/2 male reducing coupling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks.

I'm trying to connect up my tap in the kitchen (new kitchen, recently replumbed too).

The washing machine is fed by hot and cold t-pieces that also supply the hot and cold mixer tap. Nice and neat. The washer hoses screwed up to the T-piece perfectly.

Except the T-piece for the washer is 3/4 BSP and the flex-hoses for the tap is 1/2 BSP.

Is there a reducer that I can screw over the 3/4 BSP thread that would give me a 1/2 BSP male? Alternatively a flexi hose with a 3/4 female compression joint on one end and a 1/2 female compression on the other?

The ideal would be an item I can collect from Toolstation, Screwfix or B&Q. I wouldn't feel confident in removing the T-piece altogether to replace with an alternate setup so would prefer a screw-on solution.

I've been there twice today and have scoured the catalog, but there's a few confusing options - hoping for some advice.

The cold is shown in the picture, but the hot is identical arrangement.

Many thanks indeed.

Attachments

• cold supply.JPG
    cold supply.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 239
Sponsored Links
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Who did your plumbing.

I would suggest u get back whoever left that, but I can't imagine any plumber would leave u a washing machine tee to connect to your taps.

Only way I can think to do it would be a 15mmx3/4 flexible tap connector short piece of 15mm pipe then a 15mm X1/2 male iron to copper.

Best way is to remove that tee replace with a 15mm tee and pipe/ISO valve/ 15mm-1/2 male iron to copper

Thanks Andy - the ebay reducer is exactly what I've been looking for, I'll get a pair ordered.

Sadly I'm the one to blame for the plumbing. I had a friend do a few soldered joints but I told him exactly what I wanted and where. The existing setup was simply modified as little as possible to give more clearance for the new units and using the existing T's gave a really neat solution - or so I thought.

Never mind - a couple of brass reducers and I'm sorted.

Sponsored Links
You will struggle to get a seal on a 3/4 socket on a washing machine valve

Ok I'll go and get a pair of replacement T's tonight. The old ones were already in the system so it hasn't cost me anything.

It's just a case of turning off the water and unscrewing the compression fittings and swapping them about right? Is it good practice to use any form of Mait or PTFE tape on the threads or should they just be done dry? (Thinking both fitting-copper pipe and fitting threads-flexi hose)

Glad I had so many isolation valves built into the system now!

Not on the threads. If you are using the original nuts and olives then as long as they haven't been overtightened then a couple of wraps of PTFE tape over the olive, I find, is prudent for a good seal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back