Bath filler - combine hot and cold tap feeds?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The new bath has deck mounted valves that feed into a filling waste like this.

The filler has two inlets, one is blanked off off the other has an elbow joint.

The questions is: can I mix the outlet from the valves and just feed into the single feed on the filler or do I need to remove the blanking plate and feed in seperately? I'm guessing that mixing the feeds has the potential for water returning down one of the pipes and back through the valve?

Ta.

Sponsored Links
The water will probably be mixed at the valve, therefore you'd only need one pipe into the overflow filler.

I'd say there are 2 connections at the back - one capped when it leaves the factory - for versatility in fixing options.

i wasn't clear sorry, it's two individual valves, independent of each other... ta

Sponsored Links
I'm with you now.The two connections on the rear of the outlet are for hot and cold, the water mixing at the outlet.

Running the hot and cold to a tee then running a single pipe to the outlets should not be a problem, so long as you fit check valves between the valves and the tee.

Unless one of the pros wants to advise otherwise.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back