Bath overflow filler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm currently fitting a new bath (standard size) and would like an overflow filler.

The bathroom has a 22mm HW feed pipe and a 15mm CW feed. The bath is on the first floor with a gravity-fed system so HW pressure will be about 0.2Bar. CW comes direct from the rising main. Getting a balanced CW feed from the tank to the bath would be a nightmare.

I ordered an overflow / filler from Tre Mercati. This said it is suitable for all water pressures. Having received it, I'm not sure of its suitability.

It has two 1/2" BSP inlets which come in on opposite sides of the filler and mix in the overflow's body. The mixed flows then go through a fairly narrow pipe (approx equal to a 15mm copper pipe) to the bath.

I have two concerns about this filler:
1. The inlets are only 1/2" BSP so the flow might be low for the low-pressure HW. After mixing, the water has to go through a narrow pipe)
2. The CW pressure is much higher than the HW pressure so I might have problems with no HW flowing or CW from the rising main travelling up the HW pipe.

I think that a pressure reducing valve or pressure equaliser would help with the pressure difference but flow rate might still be a problem.

Maybe the best solution is to replace the overflow filler with one that is more suitable (suitable for mixed pressures at 0.2 BAR)?

Could someone with experience of these fillers please share their experience?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back