Will this unusual shower design work?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Im attaching a drawing of the layout id like our new shower to be. Its one of these http://www.bathstore.com/_applicati...s/-playtime-walkin-shower-1400-1576.html?pg=0 from Bathstore.

We are going to get the new (dogleg) stud wall at the bottom of the diagram built around the shower tray for the perfect fit. I should make it clear that the shower will not have a door, its a walk-in. Also the wall needs to be dogleg to allow space in the adjacent room.

Ive got 4 questions...

1) Will the entrance be wide enough to walk through? Its 500mm... thats enough isnt it? We're both fairly slim :LOL:

2) The power shower head is on the right hand wall so the water will head in the direction of the walk-in entrance. The shower tray is 1400mm long so that will be distance enough to prevent water spraying out?

3) If i went for a 1200 shower would that result in water spraying out? Id rather go for the 1200 as we dont have a huge amount of space but i also dont want the tiled floor soaking wet every time i shower.

4) Finally, the shower tray is very slim and has a Fast Flow Shower Waste to go with it. http://www.bathstore.com/_applicati...angular-shower-tray-1400-x-900-1589.html?pg=0 The piping will all be under our flooring. Are there known problems with these slimline trays and taking the water away from power showers?

Thanks & Merry Xmas!

Sponsored Links
take 2 measurements as follows :-

1. From tip of left shoulder to tip of right shoulder
2. From ar*e cheek to level with belly button.

If either are less than 500mm you should be able to get in the shower !

Merry Xmas !

Or studding and tiling. This is a Mira Excel installation with divertor valve for the rain head. The valve is to the right in the image in the corner (for easy access) plus the normal shower head as the client wanted both options.
norconsbathroomproject.gif

Sponsored Links
1400 sounds a lot but once you introduce a thrashing body or 2 water will go everywhere
your gap will be nearer 470mm as your screen will be set on the base and your tiles will extend into the gap on the other side

in my humble opinion it will look awfull

if space it at a premium why not have a 900x900mm corner unit with the 400mm step off the wall coming forward and not impeding the corner door at all and will be 500mm shorter

in other words you will have a fully enclosed shower with a fully open door space and the dog leg will be 500 nearer the bathroom door [assuming the the door is to the side off the shower!] or the space will just look better and less enclosed with a 1400 recess

happy xmass :D :D

dextrous said:
enable any slashing to work its way back down the waste
Yeah, you don't want that all over the place :LOL:

It does all depend on your shower. If there's a decent pump the spray will go several metres.
Even mormal activity will send water 2 metres.

Or studding and tiling. This is a Mira Excel installation with divertor valve for the rain head. The valve is to the right in the image in the corner (for easy access) plus the normal shower head as the client wanted both options.
norconsbathroomproject.gif

I can't understand some customers. they spend a lot of money on a wet room and put awful commercial grade stone in, the whole job just looks wrong.

Instead of those stud shower walls, it should have glass, I just don't get the decisions some customers make.

...as for the OP's post, it all looks fine to me, you will get a fine mist out of your wet area without doubt but this is normal with wet rooms.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back