bath mixer taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have just fitted a bath mixer tap in my bathroom and when i tested the shower the cold water was overpowing the hot, i first thought this was down to the pressure as i live in a flat the cold is run by mains up in the top of the building and the hot out of a tank in my falt, but when i felt the hot tap pipe it was freezing cold!! I am assuming the cold is going back through the hot tap?? Does anyone know how to solve this? I was told about a check valve but not sure if there is enough room to fit one as there is not alot of pipe and its really hard to get to the pipe.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
:cry: if the tank feeding hot is in your flat there won`t be enough pressure to open the check valve - even if you`re just running hot . Can you take the mixer back - and try and find one with divided flow H+C spout - Someone here may have a link to a make :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back