Bath protudes past wall. Is there a bath screen out there??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I haven't posted before so hope this is in right place etc.

I am redoing my bathroom (excuse the state of the old bath in the pictures!) I previously used a shower curtain but hate them! I want to have a screen, but as you can see by the pics, my bath comes out further than the wall.

I hav seen some bath screens have 180degree pivots on them and am wondering if there is a product out there which would fix at the end of the wall so that the glass can come out 180degrees and then meet the other section of screen coming nicely squarely at the edge of the bath.

I don't know if I've explained myself right!

I had thought I would have to build the wall out level with the bath to attach the screen to, but it seems such a palaver to go to if I could just get an extension section of glass.

Thanks in advance!!

Sponsored Links
Why not just build a short stud wall to extend the wall to full width of the bath? It really is no trouble at all

Thanks for the reply. Yes that is what I thought I might have to do, but it means extra tiles front and back of stud and twice amount of tile edging etc plus building a stud wall that I've never done before, makes it ALOT more trouble so just wondered if there was an alternative, but maybe there isn't and I'll have to build the wall out.

A possible alternative would be to buy a sectional 'foldaway' type bath screen and let the first panel sit at 45 degrees or so - but I think the stud wall is probably the better option.

Sponsored Links
As above, but if you get a folding panel type screen, make sure the first panel hinges where it fixes to wall. Have seen some where first panel is fixed and doesn't pivot at wall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back