Right Angled Bath Shower Screens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Due a really tiny bathroom and a big window, I've been tearing my hair out thinking of how to fit a shower screen onto my bathtub.

Essentially, one end of the bathtub is against a wall with a big window, so it won't be possible to mount the shower screen to that wall.

So the only way would be at the other end of the bath, to mount the shower screen to the wall where the side of the bathtub is next to, have the shower screen close off the end of the bath, and then with a 90 degree hinge cover the side of the bath not against the wall.

I haven't seen any shower screens that can do this - most shower screens are just the simple hinge on the bath end wall and straight along the side of the bath.

Does a shower screen that I need exist in the market?

Sponsored Links
The Outasight looks cool! But it won't work as I don't physically have a wall to attach the metal thing that keeps the screen in. That wall has a window frame that blocks the way of any bath screen attachments.

I was looking at bath screens with multiple panels that fold.... it will work, but its hard finding a folding bath screen that has the first screen at 700mm wide, and then the second screen another 500mm wide.

The Outasight looks cool! But it won't work as I don't physically have a wall to attach the metal thing that keeps the screen in. That wall has a window frame that blocks the way of any bath screen attachments.

I was looking at bath screens with multiple panels that fold.... it will work, but its hard finding a folding bath screen that has the first screen at 700mm wide, and then the second screen another 500mm wide.
I've looked everywhere, all I want is an L shaped right angled screen. I was starting to think I'm the only person on the planet who does not have a wall at the end of the bath. I have a window at the opposite end too. Total nightmare. If you have found or ever find something please let me know.

Sponsored Links
I have exactly the same problem. Window recess at one end of the bath, no wall at the other. :rolleyes:
The shower can be wall mounted but I need an L-shaped bath screen to screen off one end of the bath plus the area directly in front of the shower.

Can't find one anywhere. :(

Did you manage to find a workable solution?

I am not sure if it will work, but have you considered fitting a post from floor to ceiling at the open corner. You could then do a fixed screen to the end and a conventional screen on the side.

Yes, we'd thought of that, but it would cut out a lot of light from the window end. Even considered a glass brick wall.... but that would be quite an expensive way to solve the problem. :(

I can't believe there isn't a supplier of bath screens which would be wide enough to fit along the end of a bath (fixed panel) with a hinged side panel.

Definite gap in the market there....... ;)

Did anybody ever find an answer to this? It's been driving me mad trying to find the solution to what would appear to be a common problem.

I too have a window overlapping the head end of the bath where the shower is fitted, but in my case, the section of wall is narrower than most, so that I have had to mount the shower unit itself low down under the window ledge. It might not seem the ideal position, but it has worked for twenty years.

All I need is a simple, two-section folding shower screen, so that the fixing point is on the side wall, about half way along the bath, so that it swings out, with the longest section folding along the bath toward the window.

I too found the ones at bathingbliss, but they're eye-wateringly expensive.

Because of the cost, my installer recommend a circular shower curtain rail. It's not ideal but it's only for visitors and bathing the baby at the moment.

Ino this is very late but iv just had a very similar problem. Glass to glass hinges £35 online and are stylish and modern.

I'd forgotten I'd already mentioned this problem on here and actually found it again while still Googling for a solution. It seems ridiculous that nobody seems to provide a hinged screen which can be mounted on the side wall, then folded across and then along the edge of the bath, back towards the window. It seems such a basic configuration and not even expensive to make, so why does nobody make one? Is anybody able to update this thread with a solution?

Rita, Do check it really works for you. Note the taps midway mounted on the side as otherwise the screens may not fold out the way (e.g. obstructed by commonly mounted end taps). Also note in addition to fitting a standard 1700 bath it comes in different width variations so you would need the right one for you.

Buy a shower curtain rail that you can bend and buy a shower curtain.

Most baths have not been installed level and most walls have not been tiled Plumb.

Therefore glass screens don't fit very well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back