Bath replacement with a shower unit.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After my mostly unresolved problems here I have decided to rip out the bath and replace it with a shower unit which will hopefully allow access to the pipes.

https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/shower-pressure-of-cold-leaky-sink-help-please.538252/

However I would like some guidance on what I will likely need for a new shower unit, tile replacement etc.

The gap is fairly large 75cm x 175cm.I’m thinking about maybe getting a shorter shower unit and building a small false wall in the end for storage such as towels. Or maybe trying to get a unit to fit the gap.

1D608D48-7AFE-43C1-BB7B-DD9FB0A0F96E.jpeg

So if I’m trying to replace the bath with a shower in the above gap, what is the most cost effective way of doing it?

Does anyone know of a shower cubicle which is intended to fit gaps like this?

What things do I need to consider, such as lower tile replacement, waste etc?

Any general steer or guidance on this would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsored Links
1750mmx750mm low level shower tray and a glass screen.

That's got to be the wildest DIY shower supply I've ever seen, rubber push on running off the the basin taps I guess?

7ABA54E5-818C-49DC-818A-99AA4CCE9199.jpeg

Yea... it gets worse when you look at the tap we have no shower :(

Do screens and trays of that size exist for a reasonable price?

Sponsored Links
All depends on what you mean by reasonable, the prices of the trays and the glass needn't be super expensive but there's the installation too.

You can pick up a tray that size for under £300 and say a 1000mm screen for under £200.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back