Bath scree placement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I fitted a new bath and shower above it, now i have the bath screen i see it is a fixed screen that is meant to run along the inside edge of the bath. I put a new worktop on the sink but that finishes on the outside edge of the bath. Should i but up the bath screen to the worktop and maybe put something next to the end of the screen to stop water running off or fit the screen to the inside and leave a gap between the screen and worktop ? Picture attached.

Attachments

• 20161227_154920.jpg
    20161227_154920.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 110
Sponsored Links
I fitted a new bath and shower above it, now i have the bath screen i see it is a fixed screen that is meant to run along the inside edge of the bath. I put a new worktop on the sink but that finishes on the outside edge of the bath. Should i but up the bath screen to the worktop and maybe put something next to the end of the screen to stop water running off or fit the screen to the inside and leave a gap between the screen and worktop ? Picture attached.

Don't leave a gap. Butt it up and seal with the best silicone you can, all round. However, it will eventually become dirty within the sealed area and you will have to deconstruct to clean. Not good layout design I'm afraid, but you will have to make do!

Thats a good point, maybe i should just put a curtain pole across and put a shower curtain up, at least everything is cleanable then

Pole and shower curtain every day. Buy two curtains, shove one in the washer at weekend and swap for the other.

Spray the pole with furniture polish or silicon lubricant to keep things sliding OK.

Curtains are easier to clean than glass.

Sponsored Links
Whilst curtains can be easier to clean than glass, they also can go mouldy more easily, due to water getting trapped in the folds. If you set the screen to the centre of the bath edge, how much of a gap would be left to the worktop, can you get a piece of upvc beading to cover the gap.

If i fitted the bath screen mid point of the bath, it would leave me 26mm from the glass to the worktop. I think a shower curtain is way to go.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back