Bath seal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am a walking DIY nightmare, please don't laugh!
The seal around my bath recently went and shower water came through the kitchen ceiling below. This resulted in my having to get someone in to out upa new ceiling. The bath seal was redone at the same time. Since then the seal has started to go again in one spot and I have resealed it myself. Trouble is it keeps on going. What can I do?

Sponsored Links
what seal is it?

if you mean the silicone seal around the edge they do "go" and should be changed as and wwhen required.

some could argue they should last years, but i suppose it depends on how well it was done in the first place, how much movement it has to take etc

It's probably not the seal that's faulty. It's most likely a plastic bath not installed correctly and flexing too much. I always fit a 2"x1" batten on the wall all round the bath and adjust the feet so that the edge of the bath just touches it. You should install the bath when it's full of water as well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back