Best way to seal a bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - real DIY Newbie question here.. was going to use some homelux plastic seal under my tiles (bath already siliconed to plasterboard). then It struck me wouldn't it be better to tile up to the bath - put another later of silicone between tiles and bath then add an 'over tile' bath trim http://www.homelux.co.uk/Pro-seal-BathTrim.asp thus giving me an extra seal?

Any advice on best way to seal appreciated..

Sponsored Links
deffo. fill the bath, get into your speedos and seal whilst getting wet.

already done that bit (no hot water at the time aaaarrrrggghhhh) now its the pre/post tiling dilema.. :rolleyes:

my ex`s bath leaked like an old siv. i fitted thes trim tills in the corner which remedied the problem. :)

Sponsored Links
There is only one way to do a really good bath seal in my experience and you need to forget all that rhubarb about using silicone, etc. because eventually it fails. I fitted a TeleSeal kit around three years ago and would now use nothing else as I have tried various methods over the years including that Homelux rubbish and TeleSeal beats them all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back