Bath plastic seal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I had bathroom totally refitted. Tiles around bath go down to bath and I had a plastic bath strip fitted. The one that is slotted under the last tile at the bath and then the facing tile side of the strip curves down onto the bath and is supposed to seal to the bath. Yes all followed as in bath filled with water, seated etc., etc., Shower one end and yes you guessed it, it leaks along the seal - long part of bath and in the corner. As I have read in many forums, the main opinion is they are rubbish and I do agree! Problem being that due to bath and tiles and plumbing etc., I cannot raise the bath via legs as the bath facia is then will be loose and there is a strip of tile at the end. I was going to cut the plastic strip off and replace BUT you can imagine there will be a big gap from the last tile to the bath to make sure is filled etc., and I don't want to do another plastic one but think I will have no choice??? I was thinking of getting a thin flexi trim and lifting the plastic seal that lips on the bath and placing this just underneath it as a new defining line of seal or just try and place it along the plastic seal edge on top. Please can someone advise as it is driving me absolutely bonkers. Many Thanks :cry:

Sponsored Links
Get your plumber/tiler back and tell him its not sealed correctly and get him to rectify.

Most plumbers will seal the bath against the wall with a large amount of silicone, then the tiles will go down onto the edge of the bath and a final aesthetic seal of white silicone is applied - thereby giving you not one, but two watertight seals. Provided the bath is supported correctly and battened out this should never leak.

Well - I have never been called back to any fitted this way

Those strips are always leaking and should be avoided at all costs.

:LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back