Bath Shower Mixer Tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My bath's shower mixer tap has recently developed a fault which i'm not sure is servicable or whether i need a whole new tap.

Basically the adjuster for switching between shower mode / tap mode is faulty, when switching to shower mode, the bath taps are still running with the shower too, but naturally the pressure of the shower is far less than it was before.

Is this likely to be caused by a servicable part or am i best off with a new tap?

Sponsored Links
If this problem has only just begun to happen, then it is the 'Diverter valve' In most cases it is very easy to get hold of a replacement spare part for it.
If it has always happened, then it could possibly be the water pressure not high enough to keep the valve up.

Thanks, its only just started happening so the valve sounds like the best bet.

How to i go about removing the valve? I assume i'll need to remove the tap completely?

As long as your taps are turned off you should be able to swap out the part without even turning the water off.
You need the manufacturer name, range name and where you bought the tap. You can either go through them, or just phone up the customer service department of the manufacturer.

Manufacturer/Range should be on the invoice you had. Alternatively post up a digital photo and we may be able to identify it from that...

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply, i can't find the manufacturer of the tap, the bathroom was installed before we bought the house.

Here is a pic, can anyone identify it?

tap.jpg

At the back of the tap heads are small coloured markings for hot and cold, this might be the key to identifying it?

I got a very nice looking bath mixer shower type off ebay for about £30 for my bath and works brill. It had no markings on it so it must of been some chinese inport but cant fault it. I would advise cange whole tap.

Thanks for the replies guys, i pulled the valve out last night and the problem was caused by a rubber o ring that had moved slighlty and was letting water by.

I repositioned it correctly, refitted and everything is working fine now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back