Bath trouble

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Does anyone else have this problem? If water dribbles down the side (when I say side, I mean the longest edge facing the rest of the room, not the wall side) it then finds its way into the floorboards and, if there's enough of it, into the room below.

How on earth can I remedy this problem? We've got carpet (ugh!) in there at the moment, which we're replacing with Lino, so I'm hoping if it's fitted well it will reduce the problem. But, water being water, I suspect it will still find its way through to the floorboards.

I guess I've just got to be more careful when I use the shower. Water only tends to dribble down the side if the shower head shoots a blast of water along the side of the bath. This then sloshes roud the back and dribbles down the side.

If anyone can help me with this I'd be very grateful!

Sponsored Links
Will_S said:
I guess I've just got to be more careful when I use the shower. Water only tends to dribble down the side if the shower head shoots a blast of water along the side of the bath.

:idea:

Sponsored Links
I hate bath curtains. If you use a length of diy-shed derived plastic L section and silicone it to the vinyl like this, all the water will be on the floor rather than under the bath on the boards:
bathdrip.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back