Bath waste connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have bought a flat built around 1950 I think, I have ripped out the bathroom & I am looking to replace the suite.
I have done quite a few bathrooms in the past but i`m not sure how to tackle this.

The soil stack is galvanised steel, it supplies the flat below also, but I cannot get access to remove and replace for plastic.

The connector for the pan is in the correct position i just need to chop back and change pipe to plastic with an adaptor.
But I am struggling with where to put the bath waste, it has a spigot welded in the stack (old bath waste connection) which I can use for the basin, but there is nowhere for me to connect the bath into.

I was wondering if I could tee the bath waste into the 110mm plastic pipe i will be putting in for the toilet, the length of 110mm is about 700mm, i thought maybe tap into the side with a strap on boss?

Will this cause a problem with the contents of the pan ending up in the bath?

Maybe the toilet flushing will cause the bath trap to empty, the length of bath waste 1.5" will be 2 metres.

Any help would be appreciated......

Sponsored Links
Hi.

Can't you reuse the old bath waste connection for bath and fit a tee for basin onto bath waste pipe?

Depend of how high the 110mm pipe leading to pan is, the base of the bath need to be above the connector of strap on boss to drain away. To me, I don't think it a good idea.

Dan

I have managed to get the new sink into the old bath connector (on the left of the stack)
Now I want to pipe the bath waste into a strap on boss into the side of the soil pipe from toilet.
Does this look reasonable ???

No, how can the bath waste run downhill and still go into the 110 pipe?

Sponsored Links
No, how can the bath waste run downhill and still go into the 110 pipe?

The bath needs to be raised 50mm yet, it should have a slope on it & was hoping to tee into the side of the 110mm plastic with a clamp on boss? Whish u can just see in the pic...

If the bottom of the bath is above the top of the 110 pipe you should be fine but I am not a plumber so I suggest you seek pro advice. You could raise the bath by more than normal and this will help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back