Bath waste into soil pipe problem.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I`m just about to start on the family bathroom and am going to box in the pipe work along one wall with a slight inclined soil pipe running the length of that wall above a concrete floor and out to a soil stack to ground level.

My question is that the order of the bathroom furniture is first a sink on the right end wall, then a bidet, then toilet and finally a bath all plumbed into the same soil pipe with tee-joints and fitting with bottle traps. My concern is that the bath will be after the toilet waste and that waste may enter that. Its possible that I could get the bath waste into the soil stack outside the house but its a difficult job.

Anyone have experience of this arrangement know if its going to be ok?

Thanks alot

Paul

Sponsored Links
You should normally connect the bath waste on the vertical but lower than the toilet so that there is no chance of toilet output forcing back up the bath waste.

At least 300 mm is usually OK but namy connect more like 600 mm.

ok thanks, it could probably be done but would need quite some work as the soil stack goes outside to a terrace and then a 90degree corner down through the terrace floor. So it would mean knocking holes through the terrace,etc. I would really like to know if there was another easier way. I was wondering if the bath could be raised so that waste from the bath enters the soil stack near the top so there is no chance of toilet waste entering the tee joint from the bath.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back