1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Bath without wall fittings

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by DoubleD, 5 Jun 2004.

1. DoubleD

DoubleD

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I have just plumbed in my new bath but the only fittings are 4 feet which do not screw to the floor. I want to fix the bath so I can tile and also prevent tipping. The bath itself is metal and is fitted into a corner. I thought the best option would be to fit wooden legs in the 3 exterior corners to support it firmly. Does anyone have any correct methods?

2. ChrisR

ChrisR

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Grip fill round the edge of the bath, and clamp to walls with bits of wood underneath. Then it won't budge. Ever. Silicone is easier to undo without taking the bricks out...

3. Sponsored Links
  4. peter anderson

peter anderson

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    are there any alternatives to using grip fill?

5. masona

masona

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    The only thing I can think of is to screw/plug batten underneath or maybe chop it into the walls slightly and make goods.

ChrisR method is a better idea.

6. Sponsored Links
  7. ChrisR

ChrisR

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Peter - depends on your specific objection. Gripfill IS a bit of a messy pain to use. Evo-stick "Nail and Seal" is much easier and sticks like the proverbial. It's white, but don't leave it showing, in a bathroom, cos mould grows on it.
    A basin stuck to the walls with it will stay there with me sitting on top - no mean feat.

8. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local