Bathroom basin mixer

20 Jan 2004
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Hello all

Frustrated by the choice of scalding hot or freezing cold water dispensed from the hot and cold taps respectively in my bathroom basin, I would like to replace the two taps with a single mixer. I cannot seem to find a suitable mixer on the web (most are either monoblock (I'd need to buy a new basin) or bath variety (too narrow - my basin tap holes measure 200mm centre to centre)).

Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
The only one I've seen are the centre hole type basin for the mixer,I don't think you have much choice except to change the basin.

I don't understand why you're getting scalding hot or freezing cold water.
Sponsored Links
Alright, I'm exaggerating slightly. What I want is a continously variable temperature from shaving (ie hot) to drinking (ie cold), with an intermediate setting for hand-washing when I've taken the rubbish out on a chilly evening.

I'll need to buy some kind of mixer tap, but was hoping to get away with not changing the basin.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local