bathroom ceiling paint advise!

ih

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
the bathroom has black mould problem. i understand that i have to fit a fan but i also want help/advise on the following.
1. I was going to clean the mould with bleach than put one coat of white oil based undercoat then put 2 coats of anti mould acrylic egg shell oil based. Is this ott or will one coat be enough? will it be ok to apply oil u/c then eggshell on top? or dont need u/c then have coats of anti mould acrylic eggshell? am novice. thanking all in advance.

Sponsored Links
First I would solve the condensation problem by installing the correct sized extractor for the room.
This may help Fan size calc
Do you know if you have insulation and vapour check barrier in the ceiling void above?
I would cure the problem first, then you will not need to mess about with expensive paints that will not prevent condensation.

Defo get an extractor fan fitted first. The correct choice of paint will help eliminate future problems IF you use the fan. Acrylic eggshell is perfect (2 coats) for bathrooms.

• Thanks
Reactions: ih

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back