Eggshell paint on newly plastered bathroom walls?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So...painting a newly plastered bathroom.
Ceiling and two internal walls skimmed, the two external walls were replastered -- going to wait another couple of weeks before I paint to make sure they are totally dry.

I have been planning to get Leyland/Johnstone acrylic eggshell for the walls. Yes, I was considering bathroom paint for its supposed anti-mould qualities, but I don't like retail products generally, probably wouldn't get the colour I am after, and am fitting an extractor.

But is the prep for new plaster the same for eggshell as for emulsion? I normally start with a miss coat of Leyland contract matt, or Dulux trade new plaster paint. Is this the right primer under acrylic eggshell as well?

I did ask the chap at Leyland, and he said to start with a 10% diiluted coat of the eggshell, but I don't know if he meant to put that straight on the plaster or if it needs a primer coat first

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back