Acrylic Eggshell-how did we manage with nasty oil based?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Acrylic eggshell - Self undercoating, Touch dry in 2hrs, easy application, Brushes clean with water, More flexible than an oil based product and does not yellow....Oops nearly forgot every colour is "green" too.

Trade pro's are stuck in thier ways and struggling to come round to waterbased which is now superior to oil....... All of the above is the words of Farrow and Ball salesperson - id welcome a trade decoraters point of view.

I have a large Victorian house to paint before Crimbo - chippy has been and sorted out scrappy joinery, flatting woodwork now and hope to be painting by weekend. Plan is to use Leyland Arylic Primer undercoat on wood, then Leyland crylic Eggshell on both walls and wood for hallway mixed to Farrow and Ball pallete.

If i can live with the eggshell on walls then I buy a pallete of colours which are suitable for both walls and woodwork and mix and match - happy days. If I don't like the eggshell on the walls then I just leave it in the hight traffic hallway and then move to Leyland Trad Vinyl matt for remainder of house.

Question - is the Leyland acrylic eggshell upto the job? - should I be embrasing that I can still get oil based eggshell and putting that on the woodwork? Also ..will Leyland still be selling oil eggshell in 2010?

Many thanks

Ross

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back