Acrylic resin paint mixing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to use Farrow & Ball exterior eggshell paint but the colour is just slightly different to what I need. It just needs a little bit of black to darken the colour slightly. With F&B being expensive I don't want to spend the extra on F&B exterior eggshell black. The 100ml tester pots are based on estate emulsion which will not mix with exterior eggshell (or so I presume). F&B describe the exterior eggshell water based composition as "Based on a 100% acrylic resin" - therefore could I just get a small and cheaper tin of black resin paint and mix it with F&B's exterior eggshell? If so can anyone recommend some suitable black resin paint please? Many thanks for any suggestions.

Sponsored Links
I don't think ( correct me if i'm wrong) you would have to use a 100 %acrylic resin paint because manufacturers mix types of resin all the time i.e. a certain percentage of vinyl with a lower percentage of AR for cost purposes because acrylic resin is more expensive than vinyl.

Your problem could be something else though. F&B use very finely ground natural pigments and adding a coarser synthetically pigmented paint could affect the finish.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back