bathroom ceiling paint peeling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
I have found a patch of my upstairs bathroom ceiling has peeled off. I checked the loft and there is no visible sign of water entry (no water marks on the loft floor or insulation material). Also, I suppose if the paint peeling were due to rain water from the above, there would be yellowish water marks on the ceiling, right? As you can see from the photo, the ceiling is quite clean.

So is it simply because of the hot steam from the shower or bath? How do I repair it?

Many thanks for your advice.

Attachments

• IMG_3021.jpg
    IMG_3021.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 78
Sponsored Links
I think that's the artex coming off, not just paint.

Do you have a working extractor fan in this room? That could be what is causing this.

To patch that kind of pattern, stick some artex onto the patch, place your hand in a plastic bag, and using your fingers try to recreate that pattern.

Sponsored Links
thank you for all your replies. I don't know what artex is, so looked it up on google. To my surprise, I found that old artex may contain asbestos. My house was built around 1997/98, hopefully it is "modern" enough and would not be a problem?
thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back