Bathroom damage due to leaking tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
The bottom tiles around the bath have been letting in water behind them and are rotting the boards underneath the bath and also causing water stains to appear in the kitchen below. It seems like a right disaster really. Part of it is my own mental health I have ignored it’s and gotten worse, plus I’ve been on the breadline and things have started to change that I now have some cash.

I am posting to get some advice where to start. Do I need a general builder or bathroom tradesman? Because it’s tiles, boards underneath the bath, damage plaster in kitchen and also I hate to think what the timber is like underneath the floorboards. I am so ashamed and embarrassed by this situation. But I need to do something starting Monday!

Thank you in advance

Sponsored Links
If you are handy this sort of job is certainly something you could tackle yourself. But in answer to your question the tradesperson you would need is ‘bathroom fitter’ or ‘general handyman’

You will probably have to put down new chipboard in the bathroom and a new section of plasterboard in the kitchen but it’s unlikely the joists will be rotten beyond repair - it just needs a chance to all dry out.

If you want to save money - you could do the rip out yourself and then get a fitter into put everything back and make good.

It’s about a days work or so to rip things out and get to the bottom of exactly what the extent of any damage is.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back