Bathroom extractor fan - cold air?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Needing to install a bathroom extractor fan due to high levels of condensation, causing mould etc.

Will be installing it on the wall, with ducting heading straight out to outside. How much cold air or cold will the bathroom feel, even with the backdraught shutters? Any recommendations?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I don't feel any air coming in from any of my extractors, and I have 4 in total. 2 are in bathrooms. One is directly over the bath so would be very noticeable when showering.

There are two types of shutter. One is actuated either electrically or manually via the pull cord, the other relies on the flow of air pushing the shutters open. I generally prefer the first because firstly they don't present so much of a restriction to the air flow and reduce the fans performance, and they don't rattle when it's windy, even though the second type will flap when it's breezy they are opening to let air out that is entering the building elsewhere, they won't let air in because any wind will push them closed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back